Do you have a newborn in your home? Have you introduced her to baby food? Experts recommended that you breastfeed the child up until she is six months old. After that, you can introduce the baby to the assistant foods. You don’t have to be an expert chef to make tasty food for your child.
If you are finding it hard making sweet food for the baby, we have come up with these baby recipes that will make your life easy. Check them out.
Veggies And Beef Barley
Consider making vegetables and beef barley for your baby since she will gain fiber, protein, and calcium from this food. You need the following ingredients:
- Pearl barley, a ¼ cup.
- ¼ lb of beef tenderloin or ground beef .
- Chicken stock or natural low sodium beef, ¼ cup.
- Portobello mushrooms, 1/2 cup.
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley, one tablespoon.
- One organic carrot.
- First, you need to do the following:
- Rinse the pearl barley carefully in a strainer with cold water.
- Chop the tenderloin into tiny pieces before cooking.
- Wash well and slice the Portobello mushrooms.
- Wash and cut the fresh flat-leaf parsley into thin pieces.
- Wash, peel, and slice your carrot.
How To Cook
Boil water (one cup) in a small pot over high heat then add barley to it and allow for it to boil, one minute is enough. Lower the heat, cover and cook for around fifteen minutes and ensure all water is absorbed and the barley is soft. If need be, add purified water while you cook.
Next, you will pour water into a container and make it one inch deep and boil over high temperature. After that put your sliced mushrooms and carrots into a steamer basket and put it into the pan. Ensure the water does not get into contact with basket’s bottom. Use a tight-fitting lid to cover and steam for about five to seven minutes.
Put the stock, ¼ cup, to boil over high temperature in a medium skillet, as you cook the veggies and barley. Then add your beef. Leave it to cook till there is no pink in it and this can be two minutes. Smash the beef using the spatula’s ends as you cook. This will make the pieces small and fine for the baby.
Cut the beef and veggies, combine with barley and sliced parsley on top. If need be, put the meal in a blender and pound until you achieve the smoothness of your baby.
This recipe is for six servings, and it is ideal for an infant of six months and above. You will need two apples and 1/8 tablespoon of cinnamon.
- Peel the apples and slice them into large piece.
- Put the two apples in a steamer jar over sweltering water.
- Cook for about two or three minutes, ensure they are fork tender.
- Put the cinnamon and apples in a food processor and pound till smooth.
Allow it to cool then serve the baby and let her enjoy the food.
Even if you are not an expert, you can make tasty food for your little one.