These pastry recipes will turn heads at your next bruncheon or be the perfect sweet treat to come home to after a long day.
Whether you are an expert or a novice, learning how to cook can be a rewarding experience and develop into a lifelong positive hobby.
- Gotham Steel Pan Reviews
- Best Toaster Ovens Under $100
- Best Lump Charcoal Guide
- Best Fillet Knife For Fish
A light and flaky blueberry turnover is the perfect sweet treat for both breakfast and dessert. This recipe features a delicate and delicious puff pastry, as well as a homemade blueberry filling.
If you are not a fan of blueberries, then you can easily substitute any fruit in place of the blueberries and make this recipe your own.
- Filling. In order to make the homemade blueberry filling, you will need to combine the blueberries, sugar, lemon juice and cornstarch. Utilize a small saucepan to bring this mixture to a boil. Keep the mixture over medium heat and continue to stir constantly. Not stirring could lead to the mixture burning. This mixture will only need to cook for around 1 to 2 minutes until it thickens. Take the thickened filling off the heat and let it cool.
- Puff Pastry. To make the puff pastry, unroll sheets of the puff pastry. Make sure the surface has been properly floured. You can use a pizza cutter or a sharp knife to create equal-sized squares. Spoon around a tablespoon size of blueberry filling into the center. Fold the corners to make the square into a triangle.
Place these triangles onto the baking sheet and brush with egg wash. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 400 degrees or until the turnovers have turned golden brown.
For a sweet and simple easy snack, lemon knots are the answer.
- Puff Pastry. Unfold the pastry and roll it out into a rectangle shape. Cut out strips using a sharp knife or pizza cutter. Cut the pastry so you will get 12 strips. Fold these strips in half, one by one. Make a knot. Place these knots on a baking sheet and brush on an egg wash. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes at 400 degrees or until golden brown.
- Topping. While the pastry is baking, whisk together powdered sugar with lemon juice. When the knots have cooled, brush on this mixture.
Raspberry Cream Puffs
This … Read the rest