If you are not athletically talented, you might be having a hard time wondering how you can keep fit while in college. With the current increase of obesity cases across America, keeping fit and maintaining a healthy lifestyle has become a necessary recommendation by many doctors.
A lot of lifestyle diseases have been linked to unhealthy lifestyles. Not only does keeping fit help your body maintain a healthy balance, but it also helps stimulate your brain.
Why Should I Exercise
There are several benefits linked to exercising:
- Exercising helps your body shed unwanted weight. A lot of energy is used up when exercising helps the body burn excessive fats.
- To control your sugar and cholesterol level. By working out, the body uses up the energy from sugars and foods with cholesterol. The body can balance the insulin and cholesterol levels in the blood.
- Suitable for controlling and preventing heart diseases. Most heart diseases are a result of increased fat levels in the arteries’ causing limited blood flow. By exercising, excess fats in your system will be shed.
- Good for improving your moods. People suffering from depression or mood swings are often recommended to work out frequently as the brain increases the productivity of serotonin and norepinephrine hormones that are responsible for stimulating happiness.
- Helps your body to relax. Exercising helps your body fight fatigue boosting one’s energy levels.
- Help fight insomnia. If you are having trouble sleeping, exercising is the best solution. When we exercise, a lot of energy is depleted, leaving the body craving for rest.
- Help build muscle density. Physical exercises like running, swimming, and even weightlifting helps the body improve the absorption of amino acids, which help strengthen the bones.
- Suitable for brain stimulation and memory retention. When exercising, the rate of blood flow increase to various body parts, including the brain. Increased blood flow and oxygen in the brain results in the production of hormones that enhance the growth of brain cells.
- Exercising helps your skin health improve. When we exercise, we sweat a lot. This sweat is as a result of the body detoxifying. due to the skin shedding damaging oxidative properties promoting blood flow to the body
Depending on your schedule, you can slot your work out either early in the morning or after your classes. The following are some of the fitness exercises you can take up while in college.
This one … Read the rest