This article started out with the best salmon patties recipe I have ever found. I have added an additional salmon patties recipe that is quick and easy to make for those occasions when you do not have a lot of time to prepare a meal. I am also adding more salmon recipes, so be sure and look at the other salmon recipes on my blog.
This recipe is great for left over salmon. If you do not have left over salmon to use, try canned salmon. You can even use the salmon pouches if you want. For best results use fresh salmon that is cooked like you like it.
List of Ingredients:
- 2 lbs potatoes which have been peeled and sliced.
- 1 tbsp good quality ketchup.
- 1 tsp high quality Worcestershire sauce.
- Salt and black pepper (freshly ground) to taste.
- Green portion of one green onion, chopped finely.
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped to a fine consistency.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten.
- Lemon wedges (for serving).
- Enough fat for deep frying.
Salmon Patty Coating:
- 1 egg, lightly beaten.
- 2 tbsp cool water.
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs (Italian or panko work well and give a good flavor).
- 1. Cook the potatoes in boiling water until they are soft. Drain the potatoes, then mash them until there are no lumps.
- 2. Stir in the salmon until well combined. Add salt, pepper, green onion, and parsley. Mix in the beaten egg to bind the ingredients together.
- 3. Shape the patties and place them on a pan or cookie and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 4. Prepare the coating mixture by combining the beaten egg and water.
- 5. Dip each patty into the egg and water mixture first, then dip the patty into the bread crumbs. Make sure all sides are covered with the egg mixture and the bread crumbs.
- 6. Fry the patties in hot oil for 3-4 minutes per side.
A Quick And Easy Salmon Patties Recipe
This is a great salmon patties recipe that is very simple and easy to make. You can use fresh cooked salmon or canned salmon. I think the best bread crumbs to use for this recipe is Old London Seasoned bread crumbs, they provide the best flavor for this dish.
- 12 ounces of cooked salmon.
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder.
- Dash of seasoned salt.
- Dash of cayenne pepper.
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped dill.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise.
- 1/2 cup season bread crumbs.
- 1 large egg.
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked salmon, onion powder, garlic powder, seasoned salt, cayenne pepper, and chopped dill.Stir until completely mixed.
- Add the mayonnaise and stir until the mayonnaise is incorporated into the mixture.
- In a separate bowl add the egg. Beat the egg until smooth.
- Add the egg and bread crumbs to the large mixing bowl and stir until completely combined.
- Cover the mixing bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from the refrigerator and form the salmon mixture into about six to eight patties.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the patties about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Place on paper towels to drain any excess oil.