You and your family are close. You spend every moment you can together. You all go on family trips frequently, eat dinner together and even do simple things like enjoy a movie at each others’ homes. When it comes to Christmas gifts, you aren’t too sure what you’re going to do for them.
You love them so much, but you really don’t know how you can show them that. Your family deserves gifts that show them how much you love them. Here’s a gift guide that’s perfect for a close-knit family like yours!
For the Adventurers
Some families are all about the adventure. Whether you go with a glass ornament to commemorate all their journeys, or you find them something they can use on their travels, here are some great family gift ideas for the ones who like to adventure!
- A backpack: But not just any backpack. Your family needs one they can use to really carry all their necessary items and even a few extra. A good backpack has lots of compartments, a place for water bottles and even a secure place for sensitive items, such as wallets and keys. A good backpack is perfect for the family who likes to adventure because they can take it with them on all their travels!
- A fire starter: There’s a pretty good chance the family enjoys a night or two under the stars. And, depending on where they’re located, that family might just need to start a fire — or two! A fire starter can go a long way in ensuring that a good fire is set up and good to go for when the family needs it. Consider getting them a fire starter to take with them on all their adventures. They’ll get good use out of it for sure!
- A roof rack or bicycle rack: Taking bikes and luggage on the next adventure can feel like a difficult task, especially if the SUV is already packed full of people. Help the family clear up some travel space in their vehicle by getting them a roof rack or bicycle rack! Whether they choose to use it for bicycles or their luggage, these items can help their next adventure be a breeze.
For the Readers
The families who read often are ones who probably spend a lot of time together. There’s something to be said for sitting quietly in a space with all your family, simply reading a book and enjoying the time together. Here are some gift ideas for the families who read often!
- A collection of first edition classic books: Go browsing through thrift stores and used book stores to see if you can find any copies of first editions for some of the classics out there! Many people don’t realize what they’re giving away, and for a family of readers, those first editions will mean more to them than anything else. They’ll love getting to hold a first edition in their hands! If you can’t seem to find one while you’re out shopping, try online options such as eBay to get your hands on a first edition of a classic book.
- A set of bookmarks: Whether you’re team dog-ear or team bookmark, there are plenty of people out there who prefer to use a bookmark rather than just marking their place in a book using the corner of the page. A family of readers probably has their own opinions on the matter, but a set of quality bookmarks can really go a long way for a close-knit family who enjoys reading together.
For the Movie Goers
Some families spend time together by going to the movies frequently. And, with the impact of Covid-19, many families stopped going to the movies. For many theaters, things were looking up during the summer of 2021, but the introduction of new variants put a huge damper on the box office industry. A family who enjoyed going to the theater together might be looking for ways to continue that closeness even if they haven’t been able to go to the movies lately. Here are some gift ideas for the movie goers!
- A popcorn machine: That’s right — a mini popcorn machine is a great gift idea for the family who enjoys going to the movies! They can experiment with different recipes, even holding a contest to see who can make the best popcorn recipe. A popcorn machine is a fun way for the whole family to get involved with the gift. Perfect for a movie night in!
- A box of classic movies: A box of classic movies is perfect for a family who enjoys going to the movie theater. Whether you choose to give them the restored version or the black and white edition, a set of classic movies is a great gift idea.
- An ornament: Commemorate their love for film by giving them a personalized ornament! Choose one that closely aligns with their love of the movies as a family. Whether you choose one with an acting chair, a film reel or even a shooting star, a personalized ornament is a special gift that shows how much you care.
For the Sports Fanatics
Everyone knows that one family who’s crazy about sports. Whether they all root for the same team or make it a habit to actively compete for the title of who has the best sports team, they like to keep their competitive streaks going. Here are some gift ideas for the sports fanatics you know!
- A stuffed stocking: Stuff their personalized Christmas stockings with lots of sports-themed goodies. From trading cards to VIP tickets and even to signed memorabilia, there are lots of good ideas that you can use to stuff their stockings with.
- Tickets to a local game: Do you all live somewhere that has a large local team? Maybe a Major League or even a popular Minor League team? Either way, a set of tickets to a local game is a great gift idea for the family who’s all about sports!