Are you an everyday tea drinker? Do you like the flavours in your cup of tea? Do you know that tea is the number one world’s most consumed beverage?
Probably your most likely answer is a “Yes.” Then, you should be well-acquainted with various types of tea at your disposal. Many purists worldwide will name their type of tea depending on the kind of brews they are used to.
Most likely you have heard about matcha tea or green tea. The good thing about these different types of tea is that they also come with different benefits. No matter the type of tea you like, your tea can be tasty whether you serve it hot or iced. As you discover different types of tea in the market, don’t overlook the matcha green tea benefits.
Best Types of Tea to Know
You may have come across or heard about traditional teas, fruit teas or herbal teas. They all vary from each in terms of their ingredients and health benefits. With this in mind, here are the top 5 types of tea and their amazing benefits you should be well-versed with. Have a look;
- Green Tea and Matcha
A lot can be said about traditional green tea and popular matcha tea. Also known as powdered green tea, matcha is known for its many health benefits that include;
- Being the number one solution to reduce the risk of cancer thanks to an antioxidant known as catechin.
- Aiding in lowering the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
- Helping in weight loss.
- Improving cardiovascular health.
- Ability to prevent tooth decay.
- Reducing the risk of developing high blood pressure and heart disease.
Black tea is another type of traditional tea that you will without a doubt find delicious. Some of the widely consumed types of black tea include; Darjeeling, Earl Grey, lychee black tea, masala chai, rose black tea, and so on. Black tea contains plant-based compounds such as catechins, tannins, and flavonoids that provide many health benefits such as;
- Helps reduce blood pressure.
- Lowers Type 2 diabetes.
- Improve blood cholesterol levels.
- Has antioxidants that help prevent the body against the effects of aging.
- Has antiviral and antibacterial properties that help cure bruises, cuts, and burns.
- Relieves recurring headaches.
- Reduces stress hormone levels.
- Help raise energy levels and banish fatigue.
- White Tea
One of the famous tea that comes from the Camellia Sinensis plant, a characteristic shared by both matcha and black tea. White tea leaves are picked younger and don’t go through extensive processing such as oxidation. Hence, they come with a mild taste and provide many benefits. They include;
- Phenomenal when it comes to fighting viruses and bacteria that cause infections.
- Helps lower cholesterol levels.
- Reduces increased blood pressure.
- Helps fight acne and keeps you looking younger.
- Helps users relax and concentrate more.
- Oolong Tea
Oolong tea is preferable if you are not into matcha or black tea. This tea type varies when it comes to its brewing time, as the oxidation process is stopped as the leaves start to charge into brown colour. Known benefits of Oolong tea include;
- Enhances the function of fat metabolism and exceptional in controlling obesity.
- Has cholesterol-lowering properties.
- Reduces triglyceride levels reducing chances of heart-related diseases.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties that aids in dealing with skin conditions like psoriasis and eczema.
- Pu-erh Tea
If you are looking for one of the nourishing tea types, Pu-erh tea is a great preference. Some of the benefits of drinking Pu-erh tea regularly include;
- An effective concoction to fight asthma.
- Reduces blood sugar levels and averts diabetes.
- Great weight loss supplement.
- Helps prevent arteriosclerosis a condition known to cause stroke.
To Sum Up
There are incredible ways to solve different health complications, as well as restore normality in your life. But, do you know drinking tea is one of the best solutions? There are different types of tea that you should know and impact your life in many ways. Brew a cup today and enjoy a sense of wellness and peace.