Everybody takes white rice in their daily food but no one familiars that it has only less nutritional value than the brown rice. At all the times, brown rice is better than white rice because of its nutritional difference. Most of the people think that the difference between these two types of rices is only color.
It is a wrong thought because the brown rice is completely different from the white rice. In real fact, the brown rice is only a natural food with full of protein and existing brown rice nutrition. Only the top layer of the brown rice will be removed and all nutrients will be preserved in it. But the white rice is a polished form of brown rice. Generally, the rice has several layers on its top to preserve its nutrients.
When the brown rice is milled or polished, almost all healthy layers of the brown rice will be removed and resultant rice will be white with no nutrients. The brown rice has several nutrients such as phosphorous, selenium, manganese, iron, protein, dietary fiber, essential fatty acids, vitamin B1, vitamin B3, vitamin B6, with no cholesterol.
These vitamins and nutrients are not available in the white rice. This is why brown rice is a healthiest food than white rice.
Some Reasons Why Brown Rice Is A Healthiest Option Than White Rice.
- Rich in Manganese – A single cup of brown rice will provide nearly 80 % of the daily manganese requirement of the human body. This manganese nutrient will help to synthesize the fats. It also benefits human reproductive and nervous systems.
- High in Selenium – Brown rice has high amount of selenium that helps to reduce the risk of some common illness like arthritis, heart disease, and cancer.
- Rich in essential oils – Naturally occurring essential oils existing in the brown rice are greatly beneficial for the human body. These are healthy fats to normalize their cholesterol levels.
- Whole Grain – The brown rice is basically considered a whole grain because there is no refinement process in it. It is proven to reduce the development of arterial plaque and also reduce the risk of high cholesterol and heart diseases.
- Stimulate weight loss – The rich fiber content in the brown rice actually keeps a bowel function at its peak level because it makes a human body digestion much easier. Brown rice is a perfect choice for the daily diet for those individuals who are seeking bowel regularity. At the same time, it makes the stomach feel full always.
- High in anti-oxidants – The brown rice is rich in anti-oxidants like other rich foods such as strawberries, blueberries, and some other vegetables and fruits. The anti-oxidants capacity of the brown rice will help to completely remove unnecessary toxins from the human body.
- Perfect baby food – When you have a baby at home, you should feed this brown rice nutrition to your baby. It has a full dense of nutritional value and fiber contents. So, brown rice is a perfect choice of food for the babies to enhance better growth cycles.
Essential Benefits Of Brown Rice as A Healthy Food In The World
There are different varieties of rices available but most of the humans would like eat white rice. For any instance, the brown rice is better than the white rice. Many people avoid brown rice and eat white rice which is polished rice. The polished white rice has only less nutritional value than the brown rice.
While the polishing process, all the nutrition of the rice will be destroyed in the white rice. The brown rice nutrition will be preserved because there is no polishing and only removing outer layer of the rice.
Why Brown Rice:
The world health organization has proven that the brown rice is the world’s best healthy food with full of nutrients. The polishing process of the brown rice will convert it into the white rice. This polishing process destroys 80 % of vitamin B1, 67 % of vitamin B3, 90 % of vitamin B6, half portion of phosphorus, half portion of manganese, 60 % of iron, and some other essential fatty acids and dietary fiber.
Fully polished and milled white rice is actually required to be enriched with the iron, vitamin B1, and vitamin B3. All these nutritional values will be preserved in the brown rice because there is no polishing process. This is why everyone is advised to take brown rice instead of polished and unhealthy white rice.
The difference between the white rice and brown rice is not just color but their nutritional value. The whole grain of natural rice has several top layers. Only the outermost layer of the brown rice will be removed to produce it. This outer layer removal process will make least damage to the nutritional contents of the rice and avoid unnecessary loss of protein and vitamins.
When most of the layers in the brown rice are removed through milling and polishing process, it will become white rice but there is extensive loss of nutrients. Polishing will remove all healthy nutritional layers of the brown rice during the refining process. The resulting white rice is just polishing starch which is highly bereft of its natural nutrients.
Essential nutrients of the brown rice are,
- Fiber 0 % cholesterol
- Vitamin B1
- Vitamin B3
- Vitamin B6
- Dietary fiber
- Fatty acids
With all these essential nutrients, brown rice is completely healthy for the human body. When the people are willing to lose their excessive body weight, it is compulsory to avoid white rice and recommended taking brown rice daily. All available brown rice nutrition and protein contents will help humans to burn the fat and make them fit always.
As brown rice is very low in cholesterol level, the heart and sugar compliant patients can take this rice as their daily food. The physicians are recommending every person to take brown rice to completely enhance their body nutritional value and have a healthy lifestyle.
How To Cook Brown Rice
A lot of people really struggle when it comes to cooking brown rice properly, since it can be more hit and miss than cooking white rice.
Brown rice is not another type of rice though, it’s exactly the same as white rice without all the goodness having been removed during the processing of it.
The most efficient way you can cook brown rice is on a hob or stove if you’re American. On average it takes between 35-40 minutes to perfectly cook a batch of brown rice. This is the same for both short grain and long grain brown rice.
1 Cup Brown Rice 1.5 – 2 Cups Water
Cooking Brown Rice
- Put brown rice and water together in a pot with a lid. (Don’t put the lid on just yet).
- Set the heat to maximum, and bring the pot with the brown rice and water to the boil.
- Put put the lid on the pot, and reduce the heat to a low simmer. (Note: If your lid has a steam valve, keep it closed.)
- Leave the brown rice to simmer for around 35-40 minutes and allow it to absorb all the water and is nice and tender. (Try not to keep peeking inside as valuable heat will escape and it will take longer).
- Turn the heat off or put the pot aside for 10 minutes to cool down.
- Remove the lid and fluff the perfectly cooked brown rice with a fork.