Who had come to Indonesia would have ever tasted martabak one street food. Martabak recipe is probably derived from Yemen or India. These foods sold only at night. We know there are two kinds that martabak sweet martabak and salty martabak.
Salty martabak contained with meat and vegetables and very enjoyable while warm with pickles. While the sweet martabak may contain chocolate, cheese, bananas, peanut butter (other jams), or a combination thereof. With a relatively cheap price, martabak can be used as a dish at family events.
Actually martabak recipes and how making this martabak is very easy to do so that we can make yourself at home. With the ingredients easily obtained we can do a little modification of the contents of martabak accordance with our wishes.
The minced that is primary contents of martabak can we replace it with chopped chicken, tofu, mushrooms or vegetables only. The two important part of this recipe is martabak dough and of course the martabak contents. Other ingredients are duck eggs that can be replaced with a chicken egg because some people do not like duck eggs. Materials with good quality will generated delicious martabak to eat.
Ingredients Martabak Dough
- 200 gr wheat flour.
- Boiled water adequately.
- 2 tablespoons whipped egg off.
- 1 tablespoon cooking/vegetable oil/liquid margarine and salt.
How To Make Martabak Dough
- Combine flour, oil, eggs and salt, then add the water gradually while diuleni until the dough becomes smooth.
- After that the dough into 2 parts, round and soak it with cooking oil. Let stand for 1-2 hours.
- The first dough for 1 hour to be submerged all into cooking oil, and for 1 hour following the lifting dough still smeared with oil and place it in a container and cover with a cloth or napkin.
Seasoned Meat for Martabak Filling
Ingredients Martabak Filling
- Chopped beef/meat.
- 6 eggs.
- Chopped leek.
- 5 onion
- 5 garlic.
- Pepper and salt.
How To Make Martabak Filling
- Saute onion and garlic until fragrant, then enter the ground beef, pepper, slices of 1 leek and salt.
- Then stir until the meat was overcooked and the water coming out of the ground meat shrink.
- Remove and set aside, divided into 2 parts.
- After that whipped 4 eggs (previously taken 2 tablespoons of batter mix skin), create a scrambled half-baked.
How To Make Martabak
- Take one portion martabak dough, flatening with hand under the thumb of the circumferential direction so that dough becomes a little bit wide.
- Grasp both ends of dough, turn from the left to right, back in its original place over and over again so that the dough becomes thin.
- Then fill with 1 piece of whipped egg, ground beef, scrambled eggs, chopped onion, salt and pepper and stir until blended.
- For the second skin dough, working the same way as the first dough of skin, as well as to its contents.
- Then heat the oil in a rather large griddle, put dough skin that has been thinned.
- The contents of the middle with the dough before, fold the edges of the skin towards the center, until sealed, fry until cooked.
- Remove and serve while warm.